Friday, January 06, 2006

A New Year

I hope the first few days of 2006 have been good to all of you. We had a great Christmas. We spent time with a lot of family, ate a lot of food and had a wonderful time. We were also let in on a couple of very cool surprises. (More to follow on that later.)

Things have seemed busy around here lately, not really sure why, but it has taken us a little while to get back to a normal post-holiday routine. I am not sure if it has anything to do with how much food we ate, the bleak cold weather, or how very dark it is in the morning and early afternoon. Anyway, we are chugging along just a little slower lately.

A "bonus" round of referrals left China at the end of December and new families got word of it this week. People are calling this a bonus round because December did have a batch of referral sent previously at the beginning of the month and these were a few extra to close out the year. I think now the Chinese Center of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) has now matched everyone with a DTC of April 25th. Everyone is feeling hopeful that perhaps CCAA will begin matching full months again now that it is a new year. If January had another round of referrals that matched the last few days of April with most of May, there would be a good chance that we could have a referral in February. Of course it may not happen like this, but I would like to be a bit optimistic. (I also don't want to wait too long to travel. It has been said that Guangzhou in July is a nightmare. It is hotter and more humid than anyone can possibly imagine and if we are able to travel in March or April we miss a lot of Vermont's infamous mud season. To me that seems like a win-win situation.)

I don't have any new stats yet on how many families from our agency were matched, but I will post that information when I find out. I will also elaborate on the surprises once we get permission to post.

Happy New Year! May 2006 be happy and healthy for all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the "cool surprizes", and who has to give permission? Just curious. PoPo
Maybe just a Hint?

Anonymous said...

Pure speculation: 'couple of surprises' = twins??

Yeah,i did it- i added a little fuel to that fire.

i'm on the edge of my seat,
-asd

Anonymous said...

That was my thought too! A couple of suprises ?? And you have my permission if that counts. Love always...PoPo2

KW said...

Yeah we are very interested in what these "surprises" are too! When can you tell everyone???????

Anonymous said...

You need to have a video camera with you at all times so that we can see your reaction when you finally get the news, but make sure you don't film yourself while you're on the phone, driving. That woman is lucky she didn't drive off the road. But really. It would be cool to film it. We'd all love to see you two totally out of control. It'll happen. Hang in there.
Love, Mom W.