
Happy Lunar (Chinese) New Year!
Today marks the first day of the Year of the Dog.
As expected the Chinese Center of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) released the latest round of adoption referrals last week. They were recieved on Friday. Those with Log in Dates (LID) of May 12, 2005 and earlier have been matched with their children. Our LID is only 33 days away, June 15, 2005. We are hoping that we will recieve our match at the end of March. There should be one more match before then at the end of February. Though we can always hope that CCAA comes back from their week long Lunar New Year holiday and matches a big group that includes us, but that appears very unlikely. So don't get to excited (especially you Sue).
This lastest round included many younger referrals. Many children were 7, 8, & 9 months old. Some think that due to larger than usual international adoptions occurring recently that the children being matched are going to be younger. Remember that it can take upto 9 weeks after referral to travel, so these children could be 9, 10 & 11 months old by the time they come home.
Kung Hei Fat Choy!
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Kung Hei Fat Choy!
Posted by Dan and Janet at 10:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I will be patient. But it is good news that you are getting closer.
Love to both of you.
Love PO PO
Do you suppose I'll have time to take Sue out to Chicago, sometime soon for her birthday.? Our bump should be here by tomorrow and I won't be going until Feb.22 so maybe before I go or shortly after I come back from WA. I'm working on tickets but want to be here and not miss anything. Love Edna
Waiting is hard.!
I thought this year was officially "Year of Chuck Norris who banished the dog to the land of wind and ghosts"
-asd
Post a Comment