Hoo Boy.
We’ve been found out.
Yes, Harper was hiking in her pajamas.
In our defense, we did it to thwart that frustrating leg gap between pants and socks when shoved into a carrier/torture apparatus. Harper’s legs seem to be growing longer perhaps almost as fast as her Buddha belly. That juicy flesh would be tempting those pesky skeeters. I mean seriously, who could resist a good chomp. I have to admit that I want to bite her daily. These particular pajamas have the best calf covering length (with the exception of the footie pajamas, but then I wouldn’t have been able to trick nearly all of you into thinking I know what I am doing.)
That was the technical answer. The other angle is that Harper loves those jammies. She loves to look at herself in the mirror and squeal when she wears that lovely specimen of nighttime garb. She calls herself “Hotsie Totsie” which we are actually a little concerned about. We are really hoping that doesn’t become her ‘stage’ name or anything, but as good parents do, we explained that jammies are ok for hiking, pasties are not.
Besides, haven’t you heard that pajamas on the slopes of the Green Mountains are going to be the biggest thing since moon boots?
Friday, September 15, 2006
Busted
Posted by Dan and Janet at 3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love Harper in her jammies. She looks comfy.
I'd hike in my jammies too. but it is too hard to wash grass staines out of my footies. love me
Garth and Steph love to hike in their footie pajamas and pasties. This not only keeps the bears away, but repels unwanted suitors at the gas station as well. We had 6" of snow in the mountains today as well, so moonboots are also in order.
Hey Guys. . it's been a long long time Dan - but my parents told me about your blog here, and I check it often cause you guys are so good about keeping it updated.
My husband and I have been considering adoption as well. . .Harper is absolutely gorgeous!
Just wanted to let you know ;-)
Kim Derum (Haase) - Carl & Joanies daughter . . aka your cousin
ring a bell? I'm laughing. .sorry
Post a Comment