Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Am Three!

So, I turned three yesterday, October 22nd. I think it feels good to be three... I have been waiting to be three for like a whole year now.

Anyway, I had a really great birthday and although it was just Mommy and Daddy with me yesterday for my official birthday, I was really happy that I got to see Nai Nai and Poppy, for a pre-birthday get together and then again with Popo and Grandpa Lew a little later. I also received some good wishes (and gifts) from Aunt Jenny and Uncle Don, and from Aunt Karen, Uncle Kevin and Mayson. Plus some more "good wishes" from additional family and friends! I am very lucky to have so many people that love me and I love you all right back.

Right now, my most favorite song (at least for the next five minutes) is One Little Slip from the movie Chicken Little. I like this movie because of the struggle of the little guy trying to overcome obstacles that seem much larger than he is. I enjoy the contrast of the big sky, big pressure from the town, big bullies, versus the little unlikely hero with little body, little confidence, and low expectations who becomes very powerful with his strong friends, unyielding perseverance and enormous heart and compassion. Plus, I also like the part when he steps on the gum.

So here is a video of One Little Slip by the Barenaked Ladies from the movie Chicken Little and then is my version of that song. This is my gift to you for all your good thoughts on my birthday.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

dsdsss

Dan and Janet said...

Testing the comments... there seems to be a blogger upgrade happening and it is making things a bit wonky.

The first gibberish one was mine.

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Harper! WOW! Three years old! That's so exciting..............
Sorry I miss you yesterday. I tried to wish you a Happy Birthday before I went out with the Red Hats, but hope you got my message.
Love you, Little Miss Three Year Old :)!
Nai Nai & Poppy

Ruby said...

Happy Birthday! Is that 3 or 13? based the games you've been playing its getting hard to tell. Love you bunches
gia

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! we miss you!
K, A, E, and S

Casey said...

Happy Birthday, Harper!!! I turned three one day after you!!! So that means you'll turn 50 first... HAHA!!

Hope it was a great day!! You are getting so big!! Take Care, Emeili

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd Birthday to You, Harper!

Here is a funny little story for you:

We have two cats named Willie and Lilly. Willie is a big boy, strong and full of personality. Lilly on the other hand is extremely shy, sweet, and lives just about all her life under our bed! Well, the very funny part is that whenever I play Harper's video "One Little Slip", Lilly comes out from under the bed and meows and meows! She doesn't like the Barenaked Ladies but Harper's rendition is what brings her out into the REAL world. For years now, we having been trying to get her to come out and live her life free from under the bed....it's been a huge family discussion!! And now, Harper has spread her sunshine even to Lilly!
Hope you enjoyed this story. When I told Rebecca about it she said that I just had to tell you!
Love, Mary Ann

PS~Harper is so beautiful. We love watching her grow up. It's hard to believe that she is three already.

Dan and Janet said...

Mary Ann, we loved your story!

How ironic that whenever Harper sings your dear Lilly comes out from under the bed and meows, while our big strong boy cats, Cubbie and Wilson, dive under the nearest bed to hide!

I am not sure that they are taken in by her 'charm' as of yet. Heh heh. In fact, if Harper sings much more they may just pack their bags! :)