Monday, August 14, 2006

Only Three Weeks?!?

We have been home for 23 days. There are moments when it feels like 23 years… but those are becoming fewer and farther between.

I think that we are actually starting to feel normal again. Sure the activities we do each day look a lot different and the words we use on a daily basis have changed, but I think we are finally starting to get it. (Just between us, I used to watch to see when the Great and Magical Nap Time Clock would strike the ever sought after hour… and I still do. However, now I am finding that when nap time is over I also really enjoy going into Harper’s room to peer into her crib and see her smile, laugh and bang her feet around on the mattress because she is excited to see me. I guess I truly don’t wish for her to have 2 four hour naps a day anymore… one seven hour nap would be just fine. Totally kidding, Mom.)

When Harper is awake we are privileged to witness a little ham in her personality sandwich. She is very vocal and “Da da da” seems to be one of her favorite sounds to make. She will say it often, but she also makes her velociraptor noises just as frequently so I don’t think she is referring to us when she makes them. I do think that she calls Cubbie, “Gak.” I am not positive, but she is always very excited when Gak walks by. Harper also says, “Ah da,” which Dan and I have now been using as a swear word. That way she is the bad influence with the potty mouth, not us.

I have made another little movie and I want to make something clear. If I had my way, my life would be one long montage. Sure when they happen in movies it can be a little cheesy and a cop out way to show the passage of time without having to do any serious writing… but events and memories always seem a bit clearer when set to music. How many times do you hear a certain song that takes you right back to a junior high dance and you think, “Ah… the good old days if only I could go back in time and wear my stirrup pants and banana clip again.” HA! But seriously, Goonies never say die and the music solidifies the memories making them a bit more poignant and longer lasting. Plus it gives me something to do during the Great and Magical Nap Time.

I also wanted to say that we have completed our quest in acquiring what we have coveted for so long (except for the post placement falderal) and it was totally worth it, but our new adventure has just started. If you tire of my pointless dribble you may opt out at anytime. If you are still interested to see what else we have going on, or what other items of interest we can bore you with, you are welcome to stay tuned in. It’s all good either way because… down here it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.

  • Da Da Da
  • 3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Your videos enchant me. I totally lose track of time and space. It makes it a little easier being so far away, but Daddy and I can't wait to get our hands on her. It's been nearly a month - oops! times up...

    Love to all!

    Anonymous said...

    3 weeks!?! really!?! naahhh can't be.
    love me

    KW said...

    We love the video. She looks cuter everyday!