My apologies for the delay in our Blogger postings. It seems that we have become busy again with more paperwork.
We downloaded our 22 page “Travel Packet II” on Friday and spent the weekend and first part of this week filling out documents, getting them notarized, sending off a care package which will hopefully make it to China, sending off our passports and visa applications, and also spending 2 hours in a drug store trying to figure our what we are supposed to bring with us to China.
The drug store part was the most comical. Picture this, a 30+ year old couple standing in front of the bottle and nipple section of the store:
D: What kind of bottles are we supposed to get?
J: I don’t know, what kind ARE we supposed to get?
D: I thought you read something about bottles.
J: I read a little, but I don’t know what would work the best.
D: How many bottles are we supposed to bring with us?
J: I don’t know, how many bottles ARE we supposed to bring?
D: I don’t know, maybe three?
J: I didn’t know there are so many different nipples. Look, there are ‘comfort latch’ in a natural shape, silicone nipples with slow, medium, and fast flow options, but if you want the ‘brights’ they only come in medium flow.
D: I think we want fast flow.
J: (with forehead crinkled) But do we want a ‘three hole design’ or the ‘cross cut’ ones?
D: (ignoring J.) Why is this one an ‘orthodontic body’ nipple? Is that supposed to be ergonomically better like the mouse pads with the gel bump in them?
J: Do those have ‘anti-colic benefits’?
D: These over here have ‘natural action’. Who would win in a steel cage match, ‘natural action’ or ‘anti-colic’?
J: Huh. I don’t know.
D: But if you did know…
J: (exasperated) I don’t know. What do you want to do?
D: (frustrated) I thought you had read about this stuff.
J: (resigned to defeat) I think we should come back later.
D: (sighing with relief) O.k. That sounds good to me.
Tune in next week for part two of, “How To Build a Better Bottle” or the Canadian title, “The Bottle Deficiency Chronicles”
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Would You Like To Buy A Rubber Nipple?
Posted by Dan and Janet at 9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are too funny! Children love bright colors. She'd probably love any kind of bottle and nipple, especially if it were colorful. You can easily increase the flow of a nipple, if need be, simply by heating a needle and inserting it in the existing hole. Karen was a lazy sucker so all of her nipples had to be made larger.
I just read what I wrote and I'm cracking up. No offense Karen!
Great, thanks Mom!
All I need to say is that I would have been a much better sucker if your nipples were brightly colored and if possible came in a grape flavor.
After reading about this for hours on end, in all seriousness I would bring about 6 bottles and have them all be different, or at least 3 different kinds.
My recommendations:
1. Advent
2. Dr. Brown's
3. Evenflo Elan
I do believe that Walmart would carry all these brands for cheaper than a pharmacy.
Good luck!
C'mon guys...quit being so ethnocentric! Even I know that Harper won't need bottles or rubber nipples- she'll need plenty of rubber chopsticks though.
when's the big trip?
-asd
All the stories I have heard the child wanted a straw and a coke!! Just kidding about the coke, but I'm not at all positive that they feed them with bottles. I think they learn pretty early about the straw in the drink thing. You might throw a couple of those in.
Post a Comment