Well, I am feeling much better. While I was sick I didn’t feel like doing a whole lot and sometime I was a little, how shall I put this… crabby. So today since I was feeling better my mom and I went to have lunch with my dad. It was my first day out in a while and although the weather was not so nice, it was good to get out of the house for a while.
While I was sick I watched a movie called Shrek. I love Shrek, Donkey and Princess Fiona. (I call her Princess Foonana.) My favorite parts are when Shrek is taking a bath in the mud, Shrek and Donkey watching the ‘dancing dolls’ in the welcome box in Duloc, and the “Shrek in the Swamp Karaoke Dance Party” at the end of the credits. The soundtrack is fun and sometimes I request Mommy to play certain ‘Shrek’ songs. I of course give them titles that make sense to me. For instance:
The Shrek Song, aka “All Star” by Smashmouth
The Song When Princess Foonana, Shrek, and Donkey are Sad, aka “Hallelujah” by John Cale
The No No No Song, aka “Bad Reputation” by Halfcocked
Shrek songs aren’t the only songs that I request. Here are a few more of my favorites right now.
The Tin Man Song, aka “If I Only Had a Heart” by Jack Haley
The Ha Ha Ho Ho Song, aka “The Merry Old Land of Oz” by the Cast of The Wizard of Oz
The Monkey Song, aka “Upside Down” by Jack Johnson
The Tinkle Tinkle Song, aka “Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star” by whoever feels like singing it
The Ernie Song, aka “Rubber Ducky” by Ernie (I don’t think Ernie has a last name. He is kind of like Cher that way.)
Blue Moon, aka “Blue Moon” by The Marcels
I like a lot of different songs and when I am in the mood to hear something specific, I like to hear it at least twenty times in row. That way I can be sure Mommy knows all the words and can sing it later if she has to.
On my way home today in the car I was feeling a little sleepy after such a good lunch, but my mom wanted to keep me awake long enough to make it home so I could take, as she puts it, a ‘quality nap’. It is times like that I can sense the desperation in her conversation with me. She asks me questions over and over again, she reaches back and tickles my feet, she will sing the craziest things even if I ask her not to. She was willing to do just about anything to keep me awake today. I was just about asleep despite her attempts when the most amazing thing happened. I heard The Princess Foonana Song. It seems that Mommy was holding out on me. Who knew that song was on the ipod? I asked to hear it over and over again. Every time I said, “again” Mommy would sigh and say ok, but in a really exasperated way. I knew I had won some kind of battle, I just didn’t know what.
Here is what I know. Princess Foonana sings the beginning of this song during the “Shrek in the Swamp Karaoke Dance Party” and I really like Princess Foonana because she is an ogre. Here are the details:
The Princess Foonana Song, aka “Like a Virgin” not sung by Princess Foonana, but by a lady called Madonna.
When I questioned her as to why it was on the iPod in the first place she was very quick to blame Daddy and then she mumbled something about how there are just some songs that everyone loves even if they won’t admit it, and something else about how maybe it is ok for now because I am still little, but she should delete that one, and then something else about the Bad Mommy awards. Then she got quiet and played it again.
Now I just have to figure out a way to get my mom to add this to my playlist…
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Again! Again!
Posted by Dan and Janet at 7:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations...you have figured out the adult world already. I miss seeing you but I'm glad you are feeling better.
Love Grandma Edna
We're very happy that you're feeling better Harper.
Now you'll be able to enjoy all the snow you're getting today. We're being told it'll be about one foot.
Hope to see you soon. We miss you.
Love to all!
It's great to know that people your age like Madonna! Yeah! That made my day!
Post a Comment