Sunday, March 19, 2006

Baby Steps

Ok, first let me say this is not going to be one of the posts with witty comments and a funny picture. I am feeling very unwitty and unfunny right now, but I have something to say. The timing of Moby dying has been a challenge for me. Having her die before we meet Harper feels weird and bothers me; it feels like I had to trade Moby in for Harper. I know that is not how it actually works, but it still feels weird and I hate it. I know that our lives are going to change when we finally meet Harper, but having to adjust to this change right before really sucks. It feels like because the “Moby” door closed before the “Harper” door was opened that those two parts of my life will never be linked together. Moving on seems synonymous with leaving behind and it makes me hesitate to do so. I think a lot of people would like me to move forward and focus on Harper and I completely understand that, but it is not as easy to do. I will move on. I know that is how it works, but I can only do it with baby steps right now. I am looking forward to meeting Harper, but for the moment I am still a little sad.

Comments are not necessary, I know that you care. The next post regarding Harper’s whereabouts was created by Dan and he worked pretty hard on it and so it is important to me. I hope you will all enjoy it because it is pretty cool. And I am moving forward with little baby steps.