Sunday, March 19, 2006

Where in China is Harper Werme?

We are hoping that Harper's referral information is right around the corner. So we thought it would be fun to try to pick Harper's home province. Listed below are all of the provinces from which our agency has received referrals. The percentages shown are there to give you an idea of how frequently a referral occurs from that province.

Some quick hints: Our agency has not received referrals from Tibet, Taiwan, or Hong Kong therefore they have been excluded from the list. Traditionally more referrals originate from the southern provinces. Referrals from provinces with a less than 1% rate are generally "waiting children" which is a different program than the one that we are enrolled in.

So in order to place your guess please leave a comment on this post. If you choose the button labeled "other" it will alow you to type in your name which will post above your comment, instead of reading anonymous. Choose carefully, as only your first comment will count, no changes.

Each province can only be chosen once so get your votes in early!


Good Luck!

Anhui 7.18%
Beijing 0.68%
Chongqing 5.75%
Fujian 3.66%
Gansu 1.05%
Guangdong 16.40%
Guangxi 10.78%
Guizhou 0.90%
Hainan 0.17%
Hebei 0.11%
Heilongjiang 0.05%
Henan 0.30%
Hubei 8.86%
Hunan 17.58%
Inner Mongolia 0.06%
Jiangsu 3.43%
Jiangxi 14.07%
Jilin 0.17%
Liaoning 0.38%
Ningxia 0.06%
Qinghai 0.20%
Shaanxi 1.58%
Shandong 0.03%
Shanghai 0.14%
Shanxi 0.32%
Sichuan 0.53%
Tianjin 0.02%
Xinjiang 0.20%
Yunnan 1.88%
Zhejiang
3.51%

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's my post so I get to vote first! I am going out on a limb and choosing, SHAANXI. It's not that I think Harper will come from there as much as it is that I hope she comes from there. I really want to see the Terra-cotta Warriors! That would also mean that we fly into Beijing which is a shorter flight and we'll get to see the Great Wall.

Anonymous said...

Jen & Don,
We hope that Harper comes from Shanghia, because we hear the mule ride to Tibet is a pain on the Ass.

KW said...

I am choosing Hunan. I'm guessing you will still fly into Beijing. Hunan is my final answer. Yeah Hunan!

Anonymous said...

I am going to pick Guangxi. I was going for something different but couldn't spell it.

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Lew chooses Sichuan Good luck you guys.

Anonymous said...

As I am going to be the GREAT Grandma to Harper I will pick Zhejiang. Edna is doing this for me and remembered how to spell it.
Love you three

Anonymous said...

I say it will be Shandong. And it better be soon.
This is PoPo's vote.

Anonymous said...

Andy's picking Guandong. it's the only viable choice that has 'dong' in it.

"Oh...no more yanky my wanky, the Donger need food!" ....Long Duk Dong 1984

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I know you prefer the north this time of year, but I think it's going to be Jiangxi. Yup, that's my final answer.
Love, Nai Nai

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

How's this for a compromise, Hubei. Maybe they have a ski area nearby.
Love, Dad W.

Anonymous said...

Vic is going to pick Shanxi, but he doesn't know why. Maybe it is so I can pick twice. Maybe because it's also shaped a little like Illinois.

Anonymous said...

My first look at the map said Shaanxi, so Dan is probably on to something. But since I couldn't pick that one, I'm going with my second instinct, Gansu. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Jen & Don
Ok now we are thinking it would be best to have Harper come from Inner Mongolia, because we hear that kids from Outer Mongolia don't come preloaded with Windows XP and it costs extra to get them upgraded.