Last night Dan called the 1 800 GOFEDEX number and was actually able to speak with someone on Memorial Day. Huh. He asked if the package was in Vermont yet and they weren't sure. He asked them to hold the package at their facility in Williston and he would pick it up today since I am going with my mom to a doctor's appointment. The package should not have needed a signature, but one can never be sure with FedEx if they would actually leave it anyway.
FedEx told Dan that they had to attempt a delivery first before they could hold it, but they assured him it would be delivered today (Tuesday). Dan should have reminded them that it SHOULD have been delivered on Saturday, but that didn't happen either.
To make a long story short, I now have the package. It is 9:26 and it is sitting right next to me, but I can't open it until I meet Dan at the bank a few hours from now. Yes, I have already looked to see if there is a way I can open it without showing evidence that I had opened it, but no, FedEx seems to be very reliable only with their packaging material. (Curses, foiled again!!) Well, if I have to wait, so do you. As soon as I get back home today with an opened package I will post more info.
As for FedEx, sure they have packages made from recycled paperboard, but out of spite I am still not going to purchase anything from their furniture line... because who really knows when it would actually be delivered.
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
The Delivery Story
Posted by Dan and Janet at 9:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's 2:30 Central Daylight Time, are you home yet?
Every Mom has a story about a painful delivery - now you have yours!
Post a Comment