Friday, May 26, 2006

Our Daughter

Harper Ai Ning Werme

Birth Date: October 22, 2005 she is just 7 months now.

Province: She is with the FengCheng Social Welfare Institute in the Jiangxi province. (Mom W…I mean Grandma W or Nai Nai guessed correctly!) She has been in their foster care system since she was a day old.

At her last physical on March 22, when she was 5 months, old she weighed 12.54 lbs and was 23.46 inches tall. This weight measurement may not be fully accurate since they have a tendency to weigh them with many (many) layers of clothing. She is a peanut.

From what we found out today, her favorite toy is a red flag, she is a light sleeper and sucks her lip as she falls asleep, she is quiet, fond of music, and has a ready smile. She knows her name, laughs out loud, and is sometimes impatient.

We will receive more pictures and information in our FedEx packet that should arrive at our house tomorrow.

We love her already…even her old man hair style.


 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is adorable!!!! I'm an Aunt!! How weird is that? Love me

Anonymous said...

I also think she is adorable and I see a lot of Janet in her. Is "love me" going to be "aunt Jen" from now on. Start sleeping with one of her mini blankets and get it over there so she will recognize you. She is just 3 months older than Ellie, now if we could only get them to live closer.
We couldn't be happier for you two.
Love Edna

Anonymous said...

WooooooHoooooooooo!
she is so cute!

FYI-according to a quick google search on 'ning' the meaning of the name is "peace, rest, or tranquility." (which ironically is what you'll be lacking for the next 18 yrs) enjoy!

Love-A, K & Bump

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan and Jan, She is beautiful and I'm sure worth the wait now that you've "met" her. My first thought as I gazed at her is that there is something that reminded me immediately of her Grandmother Castle (Sue). I'm not sure what it is, maybe the intense eyes, but there is somekind of a likeness there. (and it's not the haircut!) Good luck and I'll keep looking to find out when you travel. I have the name of a couple, American, who are living in Beiging (whatever) and you should visit when you are there. They have two adopted girls and are really from Maine. Nice family.

OK, Bye for now. Nance R.