I added additional pictures to the new photo link.
Today was a long day and we have a semi-sleeping beast so I have to be quiet. I will post more details tomorrow.
Monday, July 17, 2006
End of 2nd Day in Guangzhou
Posted by Dan and Janet at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Only a few more days (and one long plane ride)to go.
Not that I have had my own children, but I know that cry. It comes from way down deep and it hurts your ears to listen to it. It will get better. try to get some rest and we'll see you soon.
Love me
Like "me" I can't offer maternal experience. But if Harper is anything like 18-21 year-olds (who really aren't much better at expressing themselves):
- Harper is upset with the world, not with you
- she wishes you could fix it
- but she probably knows you can't
- she needs to know you've heard her
- she needs to know you accept her (even as the beast)
- and she needs to be able to howl until she can accept what can't be fixed.
You're already doing everything right, so it's just waiting it out. On the bright side - if you do it right you get giggles and sloppy kisses. If I do, I _might_ get a good teaching evaluation.
Good luck!
It's obvious that Harper's teething from her photos. Teething alone can be a little disruptive, to say the least. Add that to everything else that's happening to her and I think she's doing pretty darn good.
Love to all.
How's the Consulate? Did you get all your paperwork done? Only one more day before you head back!!!! Can’t wait to see you. Love me
Post a Comment