I think that Harper is teething. She just learned that she had hands yesterday and today she realized she can chew on them. She hasn't sucked her thumb, but she has gnawed on it a bit. She has also learned how to blow raspberries. She is very good at making the spit fly. Mommy doesn't like spit. She has also been a bit fussy at times, of course you won't see that because we don't take any pictures of 'the beast', it is strictly not allowed.
Today we received her Chinese passport so we can now take her out of the country. Tomorow we fly from Nanchang to Guangzhou. Our posting may take a bit later in the day tomorrow because I think it may take us some time to get to the White Swan and then settled in. Tomorrow is also Harper's first flight. I think it is only an hour so at least it is a short one to see how the beast takes to flying.
8 comments:
Good evening. One more night. More pictures. She is really cute in the "three" you just posted. Come on home!!! Love POPO
I just found the "raspberries". Really cute. I have watched it three times so far. Will watch it again when I get home this morning. Cubbie slept with me and they both say "Meow, meow". Love PoPO
She's a raspberry queen. The discovery of her hand is a wonderful thing. A built in chew toy.
What a precious little girl. The beast, is simply unaccepable to this grandparent. What happened to Crickett?
Have a good trip today, or tomorrow. Whatever the case may be.
Love to all!
I have to agree with the grandmothers on this one. More pictures and I think she is the cutest thing I've seen since Ruby (who coincidentally also has large amounts of spit). Remember chewing helps the ears pop during pressure changes, so if you have something for her to eat it may help, and distract her from the discomfort. Love me
What a beautiful little girl- such a gift. I can't wait to meet her. Have you been teaching her sign language already? or maybe she will be a well respected orchestra conductor...
Don't feel bad about using "beast" as an occasional term of endearment. I happen to know of another creature that is sometimes affectionately known as 'the devil child'- last night, she was just that!
KD
Janet, I met Linda W. at the Festival in Midd last night and she told me about the blog. Holy smokes, I am shaking I am so happy! What a beautiful girl, and can you believe how perfect she looks with you two? Mike and I loved the White Swan--enjoy the morning buffet and watch the Cheerios fly! Dozens of new girls learning restaurant manners!If Raymond is your guide in Guangzhou say hello from us (grp699).--Jenn S.
Safe and happy travels, you three. We'll be waiting to hear when you are one step closer to home. (Watch out, though. Harper is getting cuter with each new set of photos. We'll all have diabetes if you don't hurry home.)
You know the more I look at these photos (several times each day) the word "adorable" just doesn't seem to cover it.
I hope Kim Jong Il hasn't come to town.
Love me
Post a Comment